Monday, March 2, 2009

The eagle has landed!

AKA the eggs are in the incubator. I pulled a "stupid" today- I've had the incubator plugged in for about 24 hours now, and the egg turner hasn't turned a bit. I know it goes slowly, so I made sure to check it every few hours. Well, I had finally come to terms with the fact that the turner wasn't working and had gotten into the mindset that I would just be hand turning. I had made the decision that I'd still put the eggs in the auto turner, but unplug it. This way, they would still be more secure than just letting them roam free.

I went in to put the eggs in the incubator, and after double checking the egg turner- durrr.......it wasn't hooked up! It was plugged in, but the turner wasn't hooked up to the knob on the turner. LoL, it is now working and the eggs are in:) Just working on getting them up to a steady temp.

The older-than-myself Hova-Bator, notice the older-than-myself matching carpet. Don't be jealous, mmkay?
Photobucket

Closeup of the top. Notice the fancy duck stickers that myself or my sisters probably put on top when we were younger.
Photobucket

All the eggs sitting pretty....the auto egg turner motor is in the upper righthand part of the picture. The black piece sticking off of the motor is what was disconnected (when I thought the auto turner wasn't working)
Photobucket

Eggs 1-6
Photobucket

Eggs 7-12
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment