Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Candling

Today was the first day candling. It's technically still day 1 of incubation, since they went in yesterday afternoon.

Sorry for some of the pictures- we only have one shot at a picture, since I'm taking the weight and a picture, and I don't want to leave the lid of the incubator for too long.

Egg 1:
Photobucket

Egg 2- now this one surprised me. I wasn't expecting to see anything in any of the eggs, but I see a dark mass in this one.
Photobucket

This is Egg 2 again, at a different angle so you can see the air sac at the end of the egg. Notice you can see the dark mass in this one also:
Photobucket

Egg 3:
Photobucket

Egg 4:
Photobucket

Egg 5:
Photobucket

Egg 6:
Photobucket

Egg 7:
Photobucket

Egg 8:
Photobucket

Egg 9:
Photobucket

Egg 10- found out you can't see through the blue-green eggs. Hubby is going to get out his super duper high powered beefed up MagLite for next time- this bad boy takes 9 AA batteries so hopefully it will work:
Photobucket

Egg 11:
Photobucket

Egg 12:
Photobucket

I also rotated the eggs- I moved them each one row to the right, the ones on the end (11& 12) moved to the first row:
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment